I have been in conversation with some friends recently and every single one had ended with the same conclusion: There is a unique set of gifts, talents and experiences which God has given us over the last 5-10 years, and now is the time to build our unique offering and sell it to the world.
Nowadays so many men and women know that they want to become their own managers. They have the internal drive and they know that the usual 9-5 does not motivate them anymore, but they just can’t seem to decide what to do or which business to start.
The honest truth…I like to be different, so I urge everyone to be different. There are just too many saturated industries, why not be the monetize the uniqueness in You.
Here is an example: Just because you have an accounts degree does not mean that God has called you to be an accountant. Perhaps you have been in that industry but your interest is slowly dwindling. You have some experience in event planning, but you know for sure that you are not called to plan someone’s wedding. That’s just not you. What about your passion, love and natural ability to teach?
Since you possess all these talents and experiences, you may very well be called to go lengths ans breaths teaching small businesses and entrepreneurs how to manage their accounts the right way.
Who knows? What about packaging something for online audiences. Your talent should not be geographically restricted.
This is just one example, but all I want to tell you is that there is a unique brand in you that God wants you to uncover and package for the right audience.
This is not at all an indication that you should leave your 9-5 job if that’s what you love, but our awesome God has placed so much inside each of us that remains untapped and sometimes wasted, when in truth and in fact He has called us to a much greater purpose.
It’s time to open your package!
Here’s what I tell everyone:
- You are unique. No one else has your finger print; only you. Look at all the talents, gifts and experiences you have developed over the years and write them down.
- Analyze your passions
- Don’t desire to be like the rest of the world. Be the you that was professionally molded by God for the last few years.Remember He is the potter and you are the clay. (Isaiah 64:8)
- Take what you have discovered in nos. 1 & 2 and create a package that is unique to you.
- The answer to No.4 is your unique brand/offering which God created only in you.
- Now package and sell your brand to the right audience.
- Finally, live the divine business purpose God created for yoy over the years. God’s desire is for you to prosper.
Our passion is divine purpose!