When I saw this photo on Facebook, I immediate thought of all the followers of the “A Better You” series.
One way of seeing yourself differently is believing in yourself.
Many people today have sooo many issues with believing in themselves and of course the constant pulling down by society, friends and loved ones simply does not help.
Some of you would have made mistakes in your past, but it does not mean that your life is over. You would have done the unspeakable, but that does not mean that you can’t move on with your life. That does not mean that you can’t do anything right.
Some of your would have had a failed marriage or even marriages, but that does not mean that you can’t have a successful one in the future. Your children may be on drugs and you did all you can so far and of course, because nothing has happened, you see yourself as a failure.
I am here to tell you today that you are not a failure…You can Believe in Yourself.
Do you believe in yourself?
If your answer is yes, here are some more reasons why you should continue and if your answer is no, here are some reasons why you should believe in yourself:
- First of all You are a child of God – 1 John 3:1 – Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- You worth something to God. You are not garbage – Psalm 139:13-16 – For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Matthew 10:31 – Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows
- God created you to be successful – Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- God wants the best for you and he cares for you – Romans 5:8 – But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- With God you can do anything; with God you are boundless – Matthew 19:26 – Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
- Giving up is not an option – James 1: 2-4 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Here is also an interesting blog post I came across: Believe in yourself: what does it really mean?