Christianity is not always a smooth road. There are ups and downs. There are good times and bad times, but the main thing that should keep us going is the end and what it will be like for us when we enter into glory. For the word of God says: For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)
It’s all about getting better and better at serving and living for the Lord every day of your journey. Don’t you want to be “A Better You”?
Despite all, as we walk with God is always rewarding. With God guiding us, we can never go wrong. Throughout my Christian journey God has been building my life and ministry in marvelous ways. He has taught me many things as I spend more time with him and here are a few of the things which he has taught me. These six things have been instrumental to me becoming a better and stronger person each day.
I now share a few of these things with you as you pursuing being “A Better You”!
- Understand that God gives Joy – There is great joy in giving our lives to Christ. I have proved it time and time again. When I look back and see all that the Lord has done, I know that without opening up my life to Him I would still be living in the turmoil, confusion and disappointments which come along with sin. This is not to say that as a Christian we would not have turmoil, confusion and disappointments, but when we have and know God and His word, life is different. When we accept and apply all that He says in His word, coupled with the application of faith we are better able to overcome and fight the battles that we face. We are more victorious when we live the word of God. It becomes part of us and since it is light, it shines through us to dispel and break down all darkness. As Non-Christians we have only our own wisdom and fleshy understanding to fight or battles, but when our eyes are opened to a better way, it makes a greater difference.
“But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble.” (Psalm 37:39)
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14)
- Our Heavenly Father deeply cares for us – He knows all that we are going through. He knows every tear that we are crying. He hears all that we ask Him and He answers. The only thing is that sometimes we are not listening to His reply. This means that we need we have to practice talking and listening to God. As we pray, we talk to God, but how often do we wait to hear Him respond? God cares for You and wants to talk to You, so give him the time of day.
Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- Our your pain and anguish God creates something beautiful in your life – Just take a look back at all that you have gone through. When I look back I see the sin of the past but when I consider my journey after giving my life to Christ and where I am today, it was all for God’s purpose to be all that He created me for. I may not like half the things I did or allowed to happen in my life, but today I realize that with the pain and the anguish of the past I can tell others that there is a better way. God brought me out and he can bring you out too. He wants to show you the beautiful life of purpose that He created you for. You have been created to pull others out of the pit of hell they live in here on this earth. When we give our life to Christ we become new creations. All old things are passed away and we are new in Him. You have been created to use your story to bring glory to God’s name.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Every relationship must begin and end with God – God must be at the center of every relationship that we develop. Without God therefore is no guidance and of course we know that light and darkness cannot dwell in the same place. It is simply impossible.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:5)
“Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last. (Isaiah 46:12)
- Christianity is all about creating a balance – We have to take care of our physical, spiritual and emotional health (body, spirit & soul): You can never be an effective Christian without attending these three important areas that make up who you are.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use,and prepared unto every good work. (2 Timothy 2:21)
- Hearing, knowing and responding to the voice of God are extremely important; more important than anything in this world. When we hear the voice of God through His Holy Spirit we receive knowledge, wisdom and direction.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16;13)
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27)
Stay tuned for the official launch of “A Better You” series beginning on March 1, 2015.